Case Study: Virtual Conference
5-day virtual event for 200 delegates and over 40 speakers
The Brief →
To host a 5-day virtual event for 200 delegates and over 40 speakers, with an agenda to include over 35 event sessions and 3 sponsors sessions. Sessions included main plenaries, workshops, Q&A and networking session; conveniently named “Bring a Brew”.
This event would be the first virtual event for the client and many of their delegates and speakers, therefore it was important that we offered additional support, management and direction to all parties.
The Solution →
A secure, branded website and mobile friendly registration portal was built to capture delegate information such as their company (Network Partner) and contact details as well as allow for delegates to pre-select their workshops and submit questions for the sessions ahead of the event . Email confirmations were sent to confirm attendance and joining instructions were distributed a few days before the event.
Key Objectives →
Working as an extension of the client’s team, the key objectives were to:
- Select a suitable platform which would be user friendly, easily accessible and offered a multitude of engagement and social networking features.
- As this year’s event was sponsored, it enabled the event to be free for delegates to attend. It was anticipated that we may have had more registrations than the previous face-to-face event, therefore we needed to manage and monitor registrations carefully.
- To create a virtual event that still gave a feeling of togetherness including social engagement and interaction through chat functions and networking lobbies.
- Create engagement with the event; pre, during and post event.
- To provide speakers with additional support by hosting their presentations virtually including support with technology and rehearsals.
- To provide an event to allow for delegates to attend different sessions, and to encourage the delegate to make use of the hub and attend each day if possible.